Do you know that every second, around 67,000 searches are performed on Google, and nearly 39% of the e-commerce traffic comes from search engines?
Surely you can generate astonishing leads from PPC advertising campaigns and positing your service or page on the top search results, however, 80% of users ignore paid ads. So how long will this approach work is unknown and that is why brands work on increasing organic traffic.
For bagging a leading position on the first page of SERP results, you need to prioritize your SEO, and there is no sustainable alternative for achieving this goal. Doing this will help you improve rankings and drive organic traffic to your website.
We understand that most of you are not SEO masters.
And you are also concerned about optimizing your WordPress blog to maximize the reach?
Thus, below we have compiled top 10 SEO Plugins for WordPress that you can install to optimize your website and improve your rankings. But before that let’s pen-down the need of SEO Plugins for those who are new to the concept!
Why Using SEO Plugins is Important?
Your website needs SEO plugins for a wide variety of reasons because these plugins:
- Make the page visible on search engines by optimizing blog title, meta description, and content optimization.
- Optimize images to increase traffic from Google Image results.
- Ensures that there are no internal and external broken links.
What Do SEO Plugins Do For You?
Having an SEO plugin will let your webmaster easily optimize a majority of the website’s code elements. These elements when functioning properly, drive more traffic to your site and improve the overall rankings.
Page title and meta description elements appear in the code of your page and they tell search engines about the context of your webpage.
By default, they are automatically generated but a majority of webmasters use SEO plugins to optimize their site.
Depending upon the requirement, it allows you to easily add metadata to each page and optimize keywords in a manner that improves your ranking. Apart from this they also help in:
- Permalink settings;
- XML sitemap;
Now lets, move to the most trending SEO plugins for WordPress which will give your site a new dimension:
10 Best SEO Plugins for WordPress
Out of all the SEO Plugins available, Yoast remains a favorite with good ratings and is trusted by nearly 5 million websites over the world.
Yoast will help you restructure your WordPress SEO by improving the quality of content and optimizing your site.
The plugin will help you identify duplicate content, so you won’t have to worry about being penalized by Google. Also, you get access to various templates for titles and meta descriptions, that will help you to achieve good rankings.
There are several features offered by Yoast but here are some of our favorites:
- Adds unique SEO title tags and meta descriptions to your post.
- Give suggestions for including apt keywords in title, meta description, and URL.
- Page analysis feature.
- Excellent redirect feature.
- XML sitemap creation.
You can install Yoast’s free version for accessing maximum features but in the premium version of $89, you get some additional features like:
- Page Previews;
- Constant support services;
- Advertisements can be blocked;
- Internal linking suggestions.
Rank Math is another most user-friendly and powerful SEO plugin available on the market. The tool will help you optimize your site by providing real-time insights about your blog i.e. you don’t have to leave the WordPress interface.
Reduce the chances of SERP errors on Google by optimizing your titles and meta description with a snippet view features.
Some of the unique features of Rank Math include –
- XML Sitemap;
- 404 monitoring of the website;
- Breadcrumb navigation;
- Redirection manager;
- Advanced keyword optimization.
Also, the time saver feature of this plugin is optimized for speed. This makes it quite fast without affecting your website.
The version of Rank Math is completely free. There is no premium version to limit functionality and features offered by the free version, which is probably the best part about this feature.
#3. All in One
Video URL – https://youtu.be/46MR4FboMaA
With more than two million active installations on WordPress, the All-in-One remains one of the popular SEO plugins preferred by SEO experts. The tool is quite similar to Yoast with minute differences in interface and pricing options.
One of the biggest benefits of using this plugin is that you don’t need any additional IT skills, coding skills, or past experience to use this tool. The tool is very user-friendly, even for beginners.
The free version offers a variety of features such as:
- Offers XML Sitemap and Google Analytics support.
- Optimizes titles for all search engines.
- Generates META tags automatically.
- Sends an automatic notification to Google and Bing if there are any changes in your site.
- Avoids duplicate content on WordPress.
As your organization grows you can upgrade to a premium version for $57 per year. Subscribe to the business license version for $97 if you own multiple sites. You can use this for up to 10 websites. For using an unlimited website purchase agency license for $419 per year.
Video URL – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwaJA5MY6sc
SEOPress clubs a vast variety of features for your dedicated SEO needs. The tool does everything right, all in an easy to understand and efficient manner. From breadcrumbs, redirections, schemas, to broken link checkers, the tool will give you the comfort of all functionalities.
With Google XML sitemaps plugin, the tool will automatically generate a sitemap. So, it will be easier for search engines to index your blog.
Some unique features of SEOPress include –
- Improves social network sharing with the help of Open Graph Tags.
- Supports Content optimization with unlimited keywords.
- Provides Google Keyword graph.
- Sends redirect attachments to the post parent URL.
- Notifies 404 errors,
This is one of the most affordable SEO plugins that offers all the essential features in the free version. However, you can switch to Pro version for $39 for unlimited websites and few additional features –
- Page speed monitoring;
- Video XML sitemap;
- Backlinks support and suggestions.
With frequent updates in the Google algorithm, it has started penalizing websites for broken links. Thus, to ensure that your site has no errors, this turns out to be a very useful WordPress plugin for your site.
This works for both internal and external links and images on your website. The plugin will notify you instantly of any broken links so that you can either remove, edit, or dismiss the problem.
The tool will even suggest replacement links so that you can swap out the dead link with a working link in just one click.
- Helps to detect links that don’t work, missing images and redirects
- Aids you to search and filter links
- Displays broken links separately
- Prevents search engines from following broken links
The SEO plugging is completely free.
HTTPS is one of the important ranking factors for the website, so it is crucial that you have SSL in 2020. Really Simple SSL will automatically detect your settings and permanently redirect the HTTP version of your website to HTTPS.
One common problem that people face while switching from HTTP to HTTPS is the mixed content i.e when both secure and unsecured content is loaded on your SSL website. Really Simple SSL will help you to solve this problem.
Thus, to ensure that your website is secure, this plugin does well. It converts all the incoming requests to HTTPS. Also, the site URL and home URL are secured with this plugin.
- Automatically detects SSL
- Automatically resolves mix content issues
- Configures your site for HSTS preload list
- Gives a notification when your SSL is about to expire
The tool offers various features in the free version. However, for additional features, you can purchase a premium version starting from $29.
This all-in-one SEO Plugin allows you to follow the white-hat guidelines and rules that are imposed by WordPress. Also, its user-friendly interface blends seamlessly with WordPress.
The intuitive tool automatically generates meta tags by reading your WordPress. This saves you a lot of time to generate more content.
Also, the SEO plugin creates color-coded guidelines showing you exactly how to optimize each post. You can drag the cursor along colored bars in SEO columns to show the notes on how to optimize your page. The tool will also give you suggestions on how titles and content can be improved for SEO purposes.
Some distinguishing features of SEO Framework are:
- Offers SEO Optimization suggestions on color-coded bars with the help of an organized page.
- Generates SEO Meta Tags automatically.
- It can be rationally optimized with all your pages.
- Follows Google Webmaster guidelines to freely optimize your pages.
The SEO Framework plugin is completely free without any ads or upsells while you are working.
#8. SEO Squirrly
SEO Squirrly keeps in mind people who are just starting with optimization. The tool offers a live SEO assistant feature that will give you essential suggestions to improve the ranking of your site.
The plugin will analyze your website based on several factors such as internet architecture, keyword utilization, backlinks, etc. It will check and notify you of the most important parts such as if keywords are not effectively used in title, URL, and content.
The free version of SEO Squirrly offers a variety of features such as –
- Suggests headlines in accordance with SEO keywords.
- Identifies elements that are not good for your site and turns them red.
- Automatically changes the color to green when you improve the content and error.
- It looks at each page the same way that Google Algorithm sees it.
- Slideshow tutorials to guide you in real-time.
You can opt for a free version initially and then switch to the pro plan for $ 20 per month as your business grows.
You might get so caught up in optimizing your content that you may overlook the importance of images. Rather than simply inserting the images into content, you need to make sure that each one is optimized.
This will improve your search result and at the same time drive traffic through Google Images search.
This is where SEO Friendly Images will guide you. The plugin will automatically update all the images with proper Alt tag and title attributes for SEO purposes.
The Alt tag is an important attribute that describes your images to search engines. The images will appear in the search results when a user searches for a particular image.
Various features of SEO Friendly Images are –
- Offers Category placeholders to give category name and parent name to images.
- Gives product name to images by using product placeholder.
- Helps in Blog placeholder and Brand placeholder.
It is a free plugin that will help to optimize your images.
SEMrush Writing Assistant is one of the most widely used plugins that help in analyzing your content and give you a score based on how optimized your content is. The plugin also gives text suggestions to improve content for SEO ranking.
Some key features of SEMrush Writing Assistant:
- It provides overall score for articles after checking it on the basis of length, keywords, and other optimization factors.
- Offers readability score features on the basis of ease of reading. You can also get suggestions for sentences that need improvement.
- Suggestions on the tone of voice and if it is consistent with the desired level of formality.
- Plagiarism to check out for original content.
You must have a SEMrush account to access this plugin. Account creation is completely free but it will give you access to one template. Also, you can shortly upgrade to the premium version to use the plugin features completely.
Should You Install SEO Plugins?
Installing SEO Plugins can do wonders for your website by optimizing for search engines. By improving the quality of content, adding optimized images, including relevant keywords you can improve the ranking of your website. And, using an apt SEO plugin will help you to achieve your ranking goals.
SEO Plugins can take care of some common things but there are certain practices that you should follow to get good rankings on Google.
- Set permalinks for your website that are easy to remember.
- Create a sitemap for your website that will help to index your site.
- Use Google Analytics to keep track of your website traffic.
- Make your content easily shareable.
- Use links and interlink your old posts with new ones when relevant.
- Offer high-quality and engaging content to users.
- Use correct headline tags for good engagement.
- Use SEO friendly images.
There are countless SEO plugins available for you if you have a WordPress website. Some of them have specific SEO features, while others encompass a wide array of features. But, to give you a fair idea, the above-mentioned SEO plugins are some of the best and pocket-friendly options available in the market that you can use for your website right now.